"Bitch Packing".. what will happen with this in the new core

I have only in recent weeks dicovered about this "glitch", which i have noticed is commonly nicknamed Bitch Packing in numerous places, where you can get extra players in a vehicle by entering the door at the same time. I am wondering with the upgrades blue will have, if this will be fixed, or if will still be possible to do no matter what code you improve upon? Personally, i wouldn't like to see it rid of, as it does serve proper purposes sometimes :P

- Bungle

I imagine this will be fixed. We don't really have enough people on the team to test things like this (and no, we don't need testers), but we'll see. I'm sure we'll ensure that there are only the correct number of players in a vehicle, as this is an exploit, it may be fun, but in some situations it'd give an unfair advantage.

eAi

I imagine this will be fixed. We don't really have enough people on the team to test things like this (and no, we don't need testers), but we'll see. I'm sure we'll ensure that there are only the correct number of players in a vehicle, as this is an exploit, it may be fun, but in some situations it'd give an unfair advantage.

eAi

yea bitchpacking is a bug (alot of fun tho :D ) and we want the bugs fixed right?

like Posty said lets just get a vehicle then that supports a lot of players.. but until car mods are possible.. plz don't remove the bug

nah jokin :P just get rid of all those exploits i don't mind the bug going into history.

edit: here's one example of bitchpacking, it was under a clan war if i remember correctly (me just passenger there :P) 5 plp are in the hunter.

FOScorpion-HunterStuffed2.jpg

crazy thing is that the players life depend on the pilot, if he crashes into the ocean all die :shock:

i agree with what the dev team is doing. i think that they should make the game identical to single player in every way (getting rid of all of the exploits, and not adding any features like speedometer).

if you want to drive your whole gang somewhere, why not take a bus? it can fit lots of people in single player, will it allow passengers in MP? that would sure be cool if it did... imagine an entire server of 25 sitting in one vehivle 8).

i agree with what the dev team is doing. i think that they should make the game identical to single player in every way (getting rid of all of the exploits, and not adding any features like speedometer).

but ermm the speedometer is there already :roll:

and i dont want to see it disappear its a great add-on that doesn't bother the user at all, it is even off always by default, i dont understand why u would want it removed :?

OpiuM: one day you'll get it. The server admins are not the people who will create the addons. 3rd party developers will create addons and distribute them. Stop suggesting that server admins do things - you'll just misleed people.

On the subject of speedometers, this is somthing that the addon could implement _very_ easily.

eAi

OpiuM: one day you'll get it. The server admins are not the people who will create the addons. 3rd party developers will create addons and distribute them. Stop suggesting that server admins do things - you'll just misleed people.

On the subject of speedometers, this is somthing that the addon could implement _very_ easily.

eAi

alot of server admins make scripts of thier own....

assuming you can make your own, i suggest it. :roll:

BLUE has no scripts...

about that, why not? irc integration opened up a lot of cool stuff ihadn't seen anywhere else. aeron made that cool gif map image that gave live up to date locations of people ingame, and it gave admins a way of watching their servers even out of game. is there a new of doing all the things that mtama did?

BLUE has no scripts...

about that, why not? irc integration opened up a lot of cool stuff ihadn't seen anywhere else. aeron made that cool gif map image that gave live up to date locations of people ingame, and it gave admins a way of watching their servers even out of game. is there a new of doing all the things that mtama did?

You can do all of that in C++.

BLUE has no scripts...

You can do all of that in C++.

i doubt you can make a custom admin panel with a map etc. with a dll...

especially sience the addon effects the servers and not the admin panel..

wat hes tring to say is that ppl will make mods, and ppl will make servers.

eg. GTALC team makes mod

I host a server of GTALC, ie i am the admin, that doesnt mean i made the mod.

he means Blue itself. not mtama, mtama comes l8er, but we dont want a script for getting into cars....if u c wat i mean :wink:

what im talking about is mtama irc integration, is it not coming back for blue? no irc scripts mean c++/scm mods are the only option. what if a server wants to add a simple feature like outputting the chat to an irc channel, is that gonna be as easy as mtama made it, or is it gonna require intense coding and a mod in itself?

bottom line: will there be irc integration at all?