HELP Multi theft auto - 2 players on cross-over network HOW?

Guest Cheese

Hey PPL just askin if any1 can give me a quick guide on how 2 setup a game for 2 players networked over a crossover cable, i have got V4.1 and just dont understand what info i have to put in IP Host Port etc, if sum1 could tell me some example setings for the host and client that would b a big help can ya email solutions to [email protected]

If you've got a cross over network, one computer will have to act as the server. This means you'll have to download the server (from the main page) and set that up (read the manual included with it). Once you've got the server running, launch the MTA 0.41 client on one computer and put "127.0.0.1" (or "localhost") - both without the quote marks - into the "host" box, and enter the port that you've set the server on (normally 2003) into the port box. Now, you'll need to know the server-computer's IP, if you don't already, go to the start menu, run and enter "cmd" (no quotes). When the prompt appears, enter "ipconfig". Your IP address will be then listed. The address will probably be somthing like 192.168.0.X (where X is a number). Remember this full IP address, and use it as the "Host" on your 2nd computer, with the port set to the same as you used on the first computer. Click Connect on both computers and it _should_ work!

eAi

Yeh i got it workin, i got 1 more question now, is it possible to play with the 2 computers on the LAN together, with people from the internet, (both computers in house on the same game with people on the internet in same game) I dont think it is possible because the IP to connect to the internet would be the same (i think) if any1 does know a way, Please reply,

cheese

why do i need a second Network Card, and how would i set it up?

Just 2 give you a bit more information i connect to Broadband through a USB DSL Modem, i hav got a spare Network Card if i need it tho.

Thanx for the help and quick responses