My MTA Template

Hi ! I've been wanting to make a template for MTA for months, but never had enough time. Now I'm on holidays I finally got some to do a little something, so without further comments here it is.

My MTA Template

Geocities sucks for hosting, but I can't upload it on my other server yet. Anyway, comments and criticism are welcome. I hope the use of official artworks isn't a problem... I think I'm done with the design, now I have to work on the HTML coding to make it better to use. I just hope you'll like it.

PS: I registered on this board with my actual nickname, McChicken, but didn't receive the activation mail. Is there any way mods could activate it ?

Thanks a lot you two !

What do you mean slothman by "functionnal with ssi and other bits" ? Right now it is just a simple HTML file, I don't think it can be used as a template for the site.

That is indeed a nice template , liked it very much only two things i have to say,

***These are opinions,not fact!!!*******

The blue background that sticks out at the sides, doesnt fit well with the rest of the template maybe because its too different from the other colors.

The white part that there is where thenews is written would stay nice with some kind of shadoweffect, somethign like the one you used at the top where it says about the client,( the buildings showing on the white background)

Im not saying put buildings shadowing tru , but i would prefer if it was characters from the game diaz,lance,tommy etc

Thanks again for your appreciation.

I changed it a little bit following what SMxenex said. I made the blue background on the side a little darker, which I think fits better with the rest now. I also made another version of the page with an orange background. I like it, but it's definitely more colorful and liveful. I also added character's shadow on the back of the news. It looks pretty nice on long news, but maybe there should be two version of those backgrounds (one for long news, 500x500, and another for smaller ones, like 500x250), but I don't know if that can be handled in the code for posting news (something like, "if wordcount of the news is > 100 words, use the big background").

MTA Template / Orange version

• 2 weeks later...

Its disappointing the team hasn't looked (or cared to comment?) on this yet after all the positive feedback. I hope one of them gives the teams thoughts on this (though I can say I told IJs to look at this and he said it looked nice).

Blokker asked people to submit templates for consideration in the template thread, the fact this wasnt deleted might tell you something.

He didnt say we would comment on each one as it came in, i believe he said we would choose from the entries.

Hey the Template competition page has disappeared from the site's menu. Is it still on ? How should I submit my final contribution ? (by mail, or just on a ftp ?). And where is that template thread in consideration for the competition ?

• 3 weeks later...