Unknown game version problem

Its odd, I have been modding another copy of GTAVC for a few days without playing my MTA copy. The things I did to my other copy was mainly main.scm coding for making mods.

When I go back to play, I get a c00005 error. I uninstall gtavc and mtavc, doesn't work. I uninstall ALL copies of gtavc and uninstall mtavc again. Now I reinstall again and still no luck. I see theres a file in c:/windows called "mta" which I notice isn't deleted during uninstall.

After deleting that and reinstalling (I noticed the install placed a new one), my game worked. The only problem is

1. It did not know where the mta.dll.dll was EVERYTIME I re-started MTAVC. To fix this I added:

[game-exe] 
location=C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\gta-vc.exe

to the "mta" file in C:/windows. Thats solved that problem. However, I still have problem 2.

I get this error:

unknown.PNG

I tried different exes, originals, replacing them, blah blah. Nothing. I don't know why these problems started in the first place, but it seems my only option is to work around them since uninstalling and reinstalling isn't working it's magic anymore.

Make sure that you did not mark the mta.ini in the windows folder "read-only" . And this windows should only pop up the first time you start mta . Since mta dosen't know what version of gtavc you have . but after the first play . it should record this info and never ask again .

Also . Here is what mine mta.ini looks like :

[Main]

Nick=

IP=

Port=

SavePass=false

Password=

VCGameVersion=0

[game-vc]

location=C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City - MTA\gta-vc.exe

[game-gta3]

location=

[Remote Admin]

Username=

SavePass=true

Password=

IP=

Port=

**Fill up spaces if you you copy this ***

But what you should pay atention most is were it says "

VCGameVersion" Make sure that , that is there . and add 0 for 1.0 and 1 for 1.1

try deleting everything again . and also delete the mta file in the windows folder. and let the program create one for it selfe

Like I already said, I have done that. Infact I have tried that at least several times by now.

2 things

1. your .ini is set to read only (guess there)

2. you need to actually choose 1.0 (or 1.1 whichever u have)

3. you need to find out if you somehow kept the old .exe for reasons unknown *ahem* use a new .exe

2 things

1. your .ini is set to read only (guess there)

2. you need to actually choose 1.0 (or 1.1 whichever u have)

3. you need to find out if you somehow kept the old .exe for reasons unknown *ahem* use a new .exe

Already done :roll: It's supposed to be OFF read only I thought...?

well . ime is NOT read only and it works . i think that dwathb is telling you to change the options and put it read only so that the client cant change it back .

exactly :)