Server Chat Flooding

Zircon

...Looks like a new flooding technique has surfaced. :roll: Basically what they're doing is joining the server, flooding the chat with strange characters (several times at that), and leaving the server. Subsequently, many people time out, and the server is eventually emptied. I've only seen this happen once, but I expect it will become just as popular as the join/part floods did.

I'm thinking that they're doing it so fast, you can't kick or ban them. I'm not sure about this though... :?

Edited by Guest

HAHAHAH , This is getting better and better . Now Cheaters can kick the admin , and even BAN him :lol: , Check this out , this happened on my stunt server :

Mateen has left the game.

[LR]Dgtadude: get a dide

~S~O~F~: hey

[LR]Dgtadude: ?

~S~O~F~: aaw you bitch

[LR]Dgtadude: me?

~S~O~F~: now im putting cheat on and killing you

~S~O~F~: civer

~S~O~F~: vicer

[LR]Dgtadude: ill ban you

~S~O~F~ has left the game.

Disconnected: You have been kicked. (Delay = 10 sec)

Connecting...

Connected.

Server Game Mode: Stunt

[LR]Dgtadude: did you kick me?

~S~O~F~: yes i did

[LR]Dgtadude: lol . im the admin of this server

~S~O~F~: lol

He got mad cause i accidently pressed the wrong botton instead of [home] i pressed enter . so i stole the car but i gave it back to him . but by then , he has alttabbled and when into what ever he does to kick the admin. (i was also logged in as a "normal player" too )

HAHAHAH , This is getting better and better . Now Cheaters can kick the admin , and even BAN him :lol: , Check this out , this happened on my stunt server :

Mateen has left the game.

[LR]Dgtadude: get a dide

~S~O~F~: hey

[LR]Dgtadude: ?

~S~O~F~: aaw you bitch

[LR]Dgtadude: me?

~S~O~F~: now im putting cheat on and killing you

~S~O~F~: civer

~S~O~F~: vicer

~S~O~F~ has left the game.

Disconnected: You have been kicked. (Delay = 10 sec)

Connecting...

Connected.

Server Game Mode: Stunt

[LR]Dgtadude: did you kick me?

~S~O~F~: yes i did

[LR]Dgtadude: lol . im the admin of this server

~S~O~F~: lol

He got mad cause i accidently pressed the wrong botton instead of [home] i pressed enter . so i stole the car but i gave it back to him . but by then , he has alttabbled and when into what ever he does to kick the admin. (i was also logged in as a "normal player" too )

Oh great, now cheaters rule the servers.

man , this gotta stop ....

I'm pretty confident that simple cheats / hacks like flooding will be abolished in 0.4 :D

Yeah, but who knows how much damage will have been done by then. I hate to sound pessimistic, but to think cheating was a problem that was barely mentioned in 0.1.

Yeah, but who knows how much damage will have been done by then

MTA has only been out for a year, and it's already spawned 3 versions for GTA and 3 for VC. This proves that the team can work quickly, and I'm sure that they'd release another server patch if this problem got worse.

we'll heres the reallyty ... cheaters cant be stopped . as you can see , all games have cheaters or "hackers" im not in the cheaters "side" but i understand that the mta team is trying really hard to stop cheating . and i know that there will never be a way to stop it completely . So there work is to "remove" 98% of all cheaters ... as you can see , compare 0.1 cheating with the new versions now ...

Cheaters is just like robbers in real life , police cant stop them all . but they do try to and stop most of them ....

So i know mta has lots of cheaters and stuff . but all we can do is play mta with the cheaters (for now) and later they will make a much more improved version that will disable most of the cheating ...

Of course, because cheating was pretty useless that time.

It was taking decades to connect to each other, and when someone did, we were driving around just 4 fun.

I think you are mistaking mtavc 0.1 for one of the earlier versions, Connecting was simple and easy in 0.1 and most people where too wrapped up in spawn wars near the malibu to do much driving (only one spawn point in that version). And cheating was RIFE, as we had very little protection at that time, it being a basic beta to test the fundamentals we'd not spent 2 x the dev time trying to foresee just how pathetic people would become by making/hosting/spreading/using cheats and hack.

Personally i very rarely see a cheat these days, ever since 0.3 release in fact, all i see is every single player bar the really experienced ones crying CHEAT! as soon as they die. Almost as tiresome as the cheats themselves. Still, providing all gos well and nothing is added to 0.4 to break it, the dead-on aim should dispel most new players impressions that they are hitting people for no damage

the aim isnt that dead on. the aim with the m60 was fubared in 0.3. the 0.2 system made it just as good as a shotgun, now you practically HAVE to use a shotgun to kill people without wasting clips. personally id vote to have the 0.2 aim system for the m60 (shotguns are obviously ALOT better) back.

Almost as tiresome as the cheats themselves. Still, providing all gos well and nothing is added to 0.4 to break it, the dead-on aim should dispel most new players impressions that they are hitting people for no damage

What part of that didnt you read?

He still has a point though :o.

Anyway, at the hope of not being intrusive, could you plz tell us something more about how you're gonna go about the next vers aiming system, or what you're planning to make it "feel" like? How different from this or past releases do you expect it to be? And will this fall under the new core redisigning, or is it kinda unrelated?

Hope you answer :).

the aim isnt that dead on. the aim with the m60 was fubared in 0.3. the 0.2 system made it just as good as a shotgun, now you practically HAVE to use a shotgun to kill people without wasting clips. personally id vote to have the 0.2 aim system for the m60 (shotguns are obviously ALOT better) back.

The m60 was easier to handle in 0.2 but 0.3 simply requires a differnt technique. The M60 is still a very potent weapon at long range. Of course dropping the initial M60 ammo to 75 really hurts until you pick up 900 rounds in the M60 ammo drop glitch.