• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right... this is the deal.

Exactly what I do in order:

No 1. /load -rs mta.mrc.

No 2. Scripts Editor > File > Load > manhunt.mrc

No 3. /mta

No 4. Connect to the internet server on tab 1.

No 5. /mh 1 on (In the MTA Admin Control Box)

Result:

* Invalid parameters: $did (line 321, mta.mrc)

This appears in the status window of mIRC.

In admin box:

"!mh on/off" "!team on/off"

In status box // remote script:

"/mh server on/off" "/team server on/off"

v1.19 fixes:

1. Warning if $version is lower then 6.12

2. Empty nicklist error

3. Unban ip supported

4. Auto-close Options dialog when MTAMA dialog is closed

5. Renamed to MTA mIRC Admin

Edited by Guest

So if understand you right.

type "/mh 1 on" into mIRC

and "!mh on" into the server admin window.

"/mh 1 on" - gives me "MH Unknown command"

and "!mh on" does nothing.

Its got be a basic mistake i'm doing here but what is it?

and yes only the manhunt script is loaded. Its as if the aliase is wrong in the script.

I have found that if no-one is is your server when you try to start the manhunt script it will crash Mirc and the admin client

just a fix for people

i loaded it correctly using

open Mirc ...connect

type

/load -rs mta.mrc

then type /mta .... which will open the admin window then connect to your running server on say server 1 tab

then in Mirc type /load -rs manhunt.mrc into a new channel window you have created ( ie #myserver) in Mirc

then in the same windows type /mh 1 on as long as there is someone connected to your server

All then works for me

I get the "crc check failed" error again when i hit connect.

Copying the mirc files again removed this error.

The golden rule:

DON'T EDIT MY SCRIPTS!!!!!!!!!

(i put in a crc check in because else the l33t scripters can abuse the netcode)

Edited by Guest

I recently ran into this while working on my MTAMA scripts, after my IRC bot had been connected to my MTA server for around three hours.

* /set: line too long (line 97, mta.mrc)

I don't know what to make of it, since I'm not certain what the code on and around line 97 does. It appears (although I'm not 100% certain of this) to have made my mta admin control dialog disappear, thus disconnecting my bot.

Aeron,

Is there a way to have a mole? Only the mole is pmed that he is it. Once he is killed someone else is pmed. This is making the hard game of the hunted even harder but with an organized group it might be interesting.

idea two

Everyone is randomly pmed thier target. They cannot get credit for killing anyone else in the game (in script that is). Kinda like a secret santa party where the gift is death. Two people would be after one person if thier is an odd number of people. Two people could be after each other but maybe better if not. If your target is killed by someone else he is still your target until you kill him or he leaves.

any good?

If this is your idea cool, if not it's a suggestion

2 people being hunted. Kinda like every season of 24 or any movie where the good guy has to hide from other good guys until he catches the bad guy. It might be confusing but here goes

Hunted just like it is but, the 2nd hunted, has to catch the 1st before he is killed no timelimit. The group is only after the good guy, the good guy is after the bad guy and the bad guy is just on the run.

Aeron,

Is there a way to have a mole? Only the mole is pmed that he is it. Once he is killed someone else is pmed. This is making the hard game of the hunted even harder but with an organized group it might be interesting.

idea two

Everyone is randomly pmed thier target. They cannot get credit for killing anyone else in the game (in script that is). Kinda like a secret santa party where the gift is death. Two people would be after one person if thier is an odd number of people. Two people could be after each other but maybe better if not. If your target is killed by someone else he is still your target until you kill him or he leaves.

any good?

If the admin pm's somebody it gives the nickname of the corresponding Player ID of the Admin ID; that is confusing.

ex:

(Note: [nick][iD])

1 Admin: Admin0

2 Players : Player0 and Player1

Admin0 pm's player1 and player1 sees:

"PM from player0 blaat"

that is too bad that idea had legs. Oh well, it might be worth a try without the script. Just tell everyone who to chase and go for a round. Not quite as cool thou. How about the idea I lost all confidence in before I posted?

Hunted just like it is but, the 2nd hunted, has to catch the 1st before he is killed no timelimit. The group is only after the good guy, the good guy is after the bad guy and the bad guy is just on the run.

I gave up on it because it seemed too complicated to explain and hard to play.

Me like. If admins could pm players, I would write this script at once. But maybe it requires a special game mode where you can only see your target on the radar. Everyone would be after each other without knowing that the one hunting them is right around the corner 8):lol::shock::idea:

I would just add 10 minute limit for one target and if you cant kill your target in 10 minutes, you lose 1 point and the target changes.

And eh, if there's an odd number of people, everyone can still be after a different person.