Report your Cheaters:

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and then what? dynamic ip's will change, if you ban the whole range, you could alienate an entire isp of of players, and if they post the names of the cheaters, well you can change your name in mere seconds...

as it stands, there really isnt much you can do about cheaters...

also, if you feel compelled to "report" (what a joke) someone, make sure you have hardcore evidence, something solid, "i couldn't kill him!" won't do. ive been called a cheater many times, simply bcause my 56k lags all you broadband users and it makes it difficult to kill me. (haha, legit cheating!)

Now if you see, say, a bus flying into the air, well that would be a different story :wink: and in that instance, a screenshot would be beneficial, not to mention amusing.

If you want to truly "ban" someone, couldnt you build a "keycode" or some sort of randomly generated number, like an id number, into the client, that the server could read, and allow / disallow that player to join if he was "banned" or not?

and then what? dynamic ip's will change, if you ban the whole range, you could alienate an entire isp of of players, and if they post the names of the cheaters, well you can change your name in mere seconds...

as it stands, there really isnt much you can do about cheaters...

also, if you feel compelled to "report" (what a joke) someone, make sure you have hardcore evidence, something solid, "i couldn't kill him!" won't do. ive been called a cheater many times, simply bcause my 56k lags all you broadband users and it makes it difficult to kill me. (haha, legit cheating!)

Now if you see, say, a bus flying into the air, well that would be a different story :wink: and in that instance, a screenshot would be beneficial, not to mention amusing.

If you want to truly "ban" someone, couldnt you build a "keycode" or some sort of randomly generated number, like an id number, into the client, that the server could read, and allow / disallow that player to join if he was "banned" or not?

What would stop them from obtaining a new Key?

i didnt say my solution was perfect, it was just an idea...

obviously, as we've all seen, there is no surefire way to prevent cheating, and perma-ban someone, but you can always make it more difficult for them to come back.

Like I said in an earlyer topic, why don`t use PunkBuster or something?

this is what you do.

1. buy a rubber hammer

2. look up the persons address

3. buy planetickets to the persons town

4. knock on the door and bonk on the head

5. take plane back home and thats 1 less cheater to worrie about! :lol:

that id thing does sound good im sure not everyone will know how to get past it. dont get me wrong theres allways a way around it but it will keep most the trainer users off your back :)

i dunno, by email maybe? FORCE the user to register it - for free, and then send them an auth code, like some forums do, that they would have to activate, in order to use mta. the code could only be given out once, per email address. obviously some ppl have more than one though, i dunno how to solve that. just thoughts. once the person is banned, the auth code they have becomes invalid, and they cant get back online until it has been reactivated, or they have a new code. It might seem like alot of work, but it would only have to be done one time.

btw, im not a programmer, but can you give windows..."exclusive rights" to an application, so that once its running, no other app can touch it? since most trainers are small apps running alongside whatever they want to hack, that could work maybe?

Okay, no doubt banning cheaters would be benificial, however if it is going to be done it has to be done right and FAIR!

Take this for example, this is the first, and hopefully the last, time this happens to me: :x

I logged on to one of the Essentrix servers and began to round up weapons, kill anyone who stood in my way and so on and so on .... THEN all of a sudden I am disconnected from server for "suspected trainer usage" (if I remember the statement correctly) NOW I DO NOT and WILL NOT use trainers or any other form of cheating, other then using the basic codes for the 1 player game (which are to damn involved to use in heated battle) However in a server, against others like me looking to have a good time, it is pointless, I beleive in FAIRPLAY (Like the Yankees kicking the shit out of everyone in MLB) :wink:

Now I feel that there are many others that feel that same way, since it seems we many never be able to totally stop people from cheating (which they have to obviously do in order to make up for their SORRY ASS playing ability!) lets just have FUN and pay them no mind! 8)

I betcha this "Playing fair because were not a bunch of sorry gamers" technique may be contagous! :idea:

got in a shoot-out with him.

His health went from green to arange to red, then he fled, his health climb up to geen, he spawned a cop-car and fled from me.

This happened near the doks, there are no cop-stations there.

In the trainer, when u spawn a car, it drops out of thin air, so did his copcar.

I am, like him and his cheating-buddy (cant remember the nick) Dutch.

When I accused him with this story in english, he said to his buddy in dutch : hij is goed/ he`s good.....

U do the math.

didnt you post that somehwere else? for the cop car thing, and i did this myself this morning with the patriot, sometimes not all the vehicles placements are synched. ie, he can have the cop car in his game, but the game didnt synch it for you until he got back in it, when mta updates its position in your game, making it appear seemingly out of nowhere. its possible he was using a trainer, but my explanation is more plausible.

no, training is this morning when i saw a guy FLYING an ANGEL!!! a flying fucking motorcycle. i didnt get a screen, i consider it a lost opportunity...

got in a shoot-out with him.

His health went from green to arange to red, then he fled, his health climb up to geen, he spawned a cop-car and fled from me.

This happened near the doks, there are no cop-stations there.

In the trainer, when u spawn a car, it drops out of thin air, so did his copcar.

I am, like him and his cheating-buddy (cant remember the nick) Dutch.

When I accused him with this story in english, he said to his buddy in dutch : hij is goed/ he`s good.....

U do the math.

the cop car sounds like it was outa sync, cars are outa sync when peeps are not in them, thats why it looked to u like he "spawned" it. as far as his health going from red back to green, he was probably a sailer(they regenerate health) it just takes them a while. think about things like this b4 u call someone a cheater. becuz dont get me wrong he -MIGHT- have been cheating, but based on the fact that he ran from u and u watched his health gradually refill i doubt it.

Ok, here's another one.

Yesterday I was on one server, and there was one guy (he didn't have a name - just a blank space), and he flied cars.

He told me, that they (probably, some group) found a bug in the server, so he was flying Mr. Woopie. It looked like he had kind of Admin Console for VC since he was flying really regularly, not like when flying a copper.

One of the other guys tried to make him say how did he do that but he didnt break.:).

Anyways, he told me that developers of the mod will never find that bug, so they'll continue flying cars.

That's all I could get from him.

So, how's that?