Online for Xbox?

Guest Samped

was wondering about this Double Pack for Xbox..

MTA Staff - Is there anyway you guys can contact gamespyarcade and find out a way to connect MTA:VC with Xbox through that nifty xbox tunnel?

http://www.gamespyarcade.com

ill tell you why this wont happen. xbox does not have an os to run mta off :wink: but if it did say something like linux it could be done if the devs realy wanted too but not many use the os so im guessing its staying windows for now :)
And why do it for xbox? It would be way better if they focuses on PC, since this allows 56k users to play too.
you realy that stupid? if it was possible to do all they would have to do is port over the client to what ever os the box was using but since it dont have an os wont see this happen :P

yea i doubt winex would work w/ linux for MTA as our memory hacking is based off memory addresses we found in an NT5.x environment... (thats why it doesn't work w/ 98 yet).. so running Winex probably messes w/ the memory adresses some when you run the game...

Kent

Edited by Guest
anybody who's a gamer should have at least a partition running a copy of NT/9x
i have over 5 different operating systems just for gaming. BUT only thing that is allowed on xbox is linux so if mta was ever to go linux you could play it on xbox. i can host the linux server off the xbox witch is kinda cool but would perfer to be able to play mta from my living room some day 8)

I doubt that MTA is possible on Xbox for many reasons, but I will state the most obvious.

MTA works with having direct access to the game's memory, and since the Xbox will use this tunnel to pass information back and forth over the internet, I doubt we would be able to have enough access to the actual game (the xbox system) to be able to read and write the actual data that is being pushed across the network.

That, along with the fact that we would have to somehow learn how to interface with the Xbox system and also this Xbox live / tunnel thing, that it would be a lot of work that chances are would never be able to be done.

Hell, if somehow wants to donate an Xbox development system to me then I would be willing to take a look, but I can make a 99.9% promise that something like this cannot happen on exclusive systems like the Xbox.

The Xbox is a legacy-free PC by Microsoft: • Intel Celeron 733 MHz CPU

• nVidia GeForce 3MX

• 64 MB of RAM

• 8/10 GB hard disk

• DVD drive

• 10/100 Ethernet

As on every PC, you can run Linux on it.

An Xbox with Linux can be:

• a full desktop computer with mouse and keyboard

• a web/email box connected to TV

• a server or router

• a node in a cluster

^^ Came from the xbox-linux site. now you can get a program called Winex that will run vice city just fine but it dont run mta witch is understandable BUT if there was a linux mta client you would be able to play from a modded xbox :)

yes, but then it would be the PC version thet you were playing which is not what this thread was originally about. You won't be able to run the XboX version from linux, and even if you could, the mod would have to be completely remade, allowing for the XboX version's memory adresses etc.