Replay

norby89

it's a pity that GTA's replay system is so "raw", you can only record 30 seconds and the objects look rather static than dynamic.. :( R* could have done a better job, remember Driver 1 & 2, it had an advanced replay which I'd like to see in the GTA series too..

anyway, imagine something better in MTA, a cross between GTA's replay and the camera hack with no time limit.. you would never say "gosh, I wish had Fraps on" again, plus your footage would be far more complex.. I know there were some tries to make one for Race but then it got removed (for sync problems I guess).. right now, I'd be happy with that crappy one from the game if it was only in MTA.. :P

my question: will we get replay in one of your next releases? (DM maybe?)

Well, there was live recording (playback) but it was not included due to security risks. If you want to see a video of it in action, http://misc.opencoding.net/mta/erorr404 ... flight.rar

That is the actual path I flew totally manipulated and replayed. It wont be in the first deathmatch release, and I don't know if it will be later. Theres just so much other stuff to deal with.

is it possible to have a "demo" recorded to a file, either on the server, or on the players' machine?

If anyone has played BF2 in competition (it's not common with pubs) the game can record a relatively small file, of what happens. Then the player can download it from the server, or an admin can download the demos and post them on a site.

Maybe have it record on the players side, and only have them and what they see? or a certain distance away from them. Then it can be played back in MTA (like the map editor, another part of the mod).

The game comes with basically that, but it's very limited. Is it possible to modify it?

is it possible to have a "demo" recorded to a file, either on the server, or on the players' machine?

If anyone has played BF2 in competition (it's not common with pubs) the game can record a relatively small file, of what happens. Then the player can download it from the server, or an admin can download the demos and post them on a site.

Maybe have it record on the players side, and only have them and what they see? or a certain distance away from them. Then it can be played back in MTA (like the map editor, another part of the mod).

The game comes with basically that, but it's very limited. Is it possible to modify it?

Thats almost exactly what Ransom showcased above - it just hasnt been fully implemented for secuirty reasons.