MTA & GTA San Andreas vehicle sound Solution.

Guest Spikey

Was this information helpful?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Was this information helpful?

• Yes
    • No

Ok this issue has become a problem and I have found the solution.

This post will Help you fix the sound issue with MTA or any other Multi Player GTA modification.

First of all, click Start > Control Panel.

When in control panel, at the left side of the box, click "Switch to Classic Mode" as shown in the picture below.

controlpanel20pj.jpg

Double click "Sound and Audio Devices".

Click the Advance button at the bottom of the window.

Picture below shows which button to press highlighted in Red.

sound3qo.jpg

In the next window, click the Drop down menu at the bottom.

Select "Desktop Speakers" as shown in the picture below.

speaker4gy.jpg

Once you have done this, click Apply and OK to close the box down and click Apply and OK on the previous box to close that down to.

Once you have done this, you should hear the vehicles engines perfectly clear and at the same volume as your Radio is.

The low volume for vehicles is caused by GTA-SA its self. When the game was designed, it was designed with Surround sounds. The vehicle noises were concentrated at the back speakers to give it a realistic feel. If you have a Standard 2 Speaker Desktop, then it makes it quite difficult for the desktop speakers to acknoldge the back speakers.

Please be aware, people with medium or low graded computers may expirance their sound jumping alot. Keep playing the game for at least 10 minutes and your sound should stop jumping.

:roll: Or get a better sound card... :thumbleft:

:tard: People will spend hundreds on new GFX cards but think their ghey on-board audio hardware is more than good enough. IMO, sound is 50% of the experience so i invest in a decent soundcard with balls big enough to cope. At present i have a Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro - and have never had any sound issues in MTA or GTASA, not even the storm sound glitch. Just awesome audio which really makes the game come alive. You aint heard nothin til you've raced in an EAX4 Thunderstorm :crazyeyes:

^agreed, first I thought my onboard sound was good enoegh, but when I just got sick of all those sound bugs in GTA (and after I learned to live with it, and when mta came out) I switched to Audigy4 (didn't wanted to pay over double of it for a x-fi) and there's really a huge difference. like playing shooters, now I can hear people walk in the room next to me so I can track their movements etc. the sound quality has improved some, but the main difference is the number of different sound processes the card can calculate and the onboard can't (like those far distant sounds). The sound card allso slightly improves your framerate by taking away the sound calculating strain from the processor itself.

And alltough I didn't spent as much on sound as on video, it was a buy I'm VEARY pleased with, and it costed me only around 1/8 of my videocard price.

Also try lowering sound acceleration to Basic.

Your not very Specific on how to lower Sound Acceleration are you?

You need to think of the people who do not know how to lower sound Acceleration. I will right a Guide line to show people how to lower Sound Acceleration since your too lazy to explain it :banghead::n00b: .

***New Topic***

This post will help you on how to lower "Sound Acceleration". Although this has been tested before, sometimes it does'nt work for everyone.

First of all, Go to your Start Menu and click "Control Panel".

startmenu8sa.jpg

Double click "Sound and Audio Devices"

controlpanel5jd.jpg

At the bottom of the window, click the "Advanced" button at the bottom.

Button is Highlighted red in the picture below.

sound8vp.jpg

On the next window, click the "Performance" Tab at the top.

Once you have done this, you will see a Hardware Acceleration point to move. Move the point down to where you think would be enough for it to fix the problem. If it does'nt, then try lowering it again until it goes right.

Picture below shows what to press and modificed highlighted in red.

hardware4yh.jpg

This Guide might not work since Hardware Acceleration has nothing to do with your Vehicle sounding quiet and your Radio sounding loud. As explained at the top of this topic, the game has been created with Surround sound system and can cause problems on a 2 Desktop Speaker. These Help topics will help you to fix the problem and save you money instead of buying a new Sound card for just one game. If it is all of your games then the Suggested idea would be to buy a new Sound Card for your computer.