Rallycross

Guest badmojo

I'm not a big fan of out of this world races, or crazy hard to follow track. So i decided to make a clean looking rally track. It has all the barriers and road blocks a real rallycross track might have. I tried to position the checkpoints so you know where the turns are. Most of the fencing and baracades can be knocked down, i only wish the MTB fence(Orange & White) wasn't hard as concrete. There are two gas stations that have repair upgrades beside their pumps. Theres also one after the jump. The jump close to the end is a broken bridge, right after the nitro. You can either hit that or go over the other bridge. It's 32 player compatible.

http://center.mtasa.com/?p=race&r=2307

Try it out, lemme know what you guys think. What i should change. Etc.

It's always up to date on 66.190.117.93 default port. But the server might not always be online.

Heres the pics.

gtasa20060218190451619mh.png

gtasa20060218190519002qa.png

gtasa20060218190609031vh.png

gtasa20060218190653051xw.png

gtasa20060218190830150mh.png

gtasa20060218191114821fq.png

Edited by Guest

Nice, im currently working on a Super Special Stage map (part of modern day rallies) For SARL competition, i'll take a test of yours with the proscpect of using it in the same competition.

I'd sugest less usage of road blocking objects (in mapping less is almost always more), usually in a rally its mainly bunting to keep the spectators away from the track, for droute finding they rely on the co-drivers. The exceptions being when they travel near busy roads that they are unable to close, in which case for safety reasons they often cordon areas off.

It might be cool to place the repair pickups somewhere that requires you to drive slowly and carefully to get them, this would resemble the decision a real driver faces, do i take time to repair, or do i continue and risk dropping out totally due to mechanical failure. Depends how far you want to take the rally idea I guess :)

EDIT: Just playtested it solo and its a very nice and original route indeed. The start isn't really suitable for normal SARL but perhaps for DUO, either 4 player, 2 player or 1 player timetrial.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the comments.

It might be cool to place the repair pickups somewhere that requires you to drive slowly and carefully to get them, this would resemble the decision a real driver faces, do i take time to repair, or do i continue and risk dropping out totally due to mechanical failure. Depends how far you want to take the rally idea I guess

Thats exactly how it is now, both gas stations along the way have repair behind the pumps which will explode if touched. I might put a couple exploding barrels or just obstuctions to slow you down even more.

As for the road blocks, i thought about putting them back and putting pilons by the track, but this way you have to make the corners or pay the price. I'll rearrange them a bit, to make it look more realistic. This is rallycross, not rally i thought they usually used semi/permenant tracks.

i'll take a test of yours with the proscpect of using it in the same competition.

What did you think? Theres a newer version now, you should try that one. As i said before i can change the map to suit your needs, lemme know.

I know, i thought of that later. But it definetly has the gravel/tarmac aspect of rallycross. I'm sort of limited by the map itself. Rallycross2 is my next map, it will be in laps and fully enclosed with haybails and whatnot. I'm no expert on the sport of rallycross, so let me know if somthing is wrong.