mouse problems

Okay I have a mouse problem with the game which is fairly common where the mouse doesn't work in-game.

The problem seems to be double pronged because the buttons in the normal GTA menus don't click (i can move the cursor but it wont click) this is fixable by alt-tabbing out and in again, so no problem. But then when i enter a GTA game the mose doesn't do anything atall and alt-tabbing doesn't fix it (for me, although it seems to for some). so big problem, but i found i could fix it (via a forum) by setting compatibility for gta to 98/me. all worked perfectly (but it does forget custom command setup in the 'on foot' tab, not in the vehcle tab, oddly) anyway it was fine.

Now the problem, i can't run MTA when GTA is in 98/me compatibility mode (it begins to load then stops.) I have to uncheck compatibility mode, so i cant use the mouse in mta. (although thankfully the menus click correctly).

This is an annoying bug in race, but in DM (when finished) it will be disasterous.

So I think mta must check what version of windows it is, please don't do this, it stops the game from working for me (even though i have xp)!

I could be mistaken and it could be that it is impossible for MTA to work with gta in compatability mode but it seems likely to be the above.

sorry if this is hard to understand (damn dyslexia).

Sounds like mta isnt 'at the front' on the processes/applications runnign on your system. If I attempt to alt tab out of mta i get that (because it tries to place somethign else over the top even though mta prevents it from minimising out of gta) yet alt tabbign doesnt fix it? Odd.

As for win98 compatibility mode it isn't a case of mta checking what OS you have, its a case of memory use being different for those older windows versions (to put it simply), and MTA being incompatible with it. Thats why it requires win2k or XP (GTASA states it requires one of those too)