S.A.R.L - San Andreas Racing league - Entrants, discussions

I'm considering organising the first SA racing league in preperation for the coming release. This will be a team effort to ensure it doesn't all hang on a single person being available (as other leagues have done), so anyone interested in helping out in any area, particularly with php/site building, feel free to post.

I have the hosting, and a rough league format sketched out, but once gangs, groups or individuals sign up there will need to be a consultation process to come to agreement about specific tracks, race formats and rules etc (In the same way the few decent DM leagues and competitions did in the past)

There will be sections for solo, duo and multiple-player teams so all are welcome to sign up from now on.

News on the site as it develops (I have something already but my html skills aren't the best so it needs major work) :P

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as im concerned it should be done as realistic as it can be, no switching from car to boat etc. Or maybe some kinda divisions, u know, street racing division, 4x4 division, Sky division etc.

I agree that divisions or classes for the different race types would be good. Perhaps the more whacky races style involving vehicle swaps etc could be in a class of thier own for those that enjoy them?

Spifire: Sure, I hadn't really thought about graphic design but I guess all sites need it. :)

I'm trying to get in touch with a couple of people who helped out with the original Turfwars site at the moment for the html/php

OK I added you three.

Note: Second thread started for the display of information only - i.e. entrants, rules, league structure, dates etc, not for entry requests or discussions. Please post those things in here to keep the second thread a nice clear reference point.

I'm in for SOLO too.

About PHP/HTML/Website, I could've done that if I wasn't working on my own one and tree other ones.

I might although maybe jump in when I'm finished with my other projects, but I'm not promising anything.

If that place is still available of course.

But I can sure be Admin if you want that.

Edited by Guest

OK, I've added you to solo league.

I shall be putting some work in on this this weekend coming, unless you want a basic html site made with the aid of a wysiwyg editor, (which it will be if I make it) we need a webmaster.

Spitfire: any chance you could come up wth some graphics for the site this week? Banner, buttons etc, whatever you fancy.

I've been looking for some pre-made league php but found nothing suitable so far.

Once we get our hands on the final release version of MTA:SA we can get a feel for which particular races to include, and the rules to go with them.. hell, we can make our own to suit our needs if need-be :)

XeJ: thanks for the offer regarding admin, but I don't know you so am unsure about putting you in a position of trust. Perhaps if someone I know can give you a 'reference'?

JHXP: I'm more than happy for you to be one of the Administrators of the website once its up and running, (you did mean web admin right?) and also server admin/ref when the time comes of course.

Servers:

littlewhitey has kindly offered to provide a game server if/when needed.

His servers are reliable and powerful so it is a great offer. In fact for any of you looking to rent an MTA (or other GTA multiplayer mod) server in europe his company gta-host have extremely competitive rates. You can find him on this forum, or in the irc channel #gta-host on irc.multitheftauto.com

In addition to this I should be able to use an mta.jolt.co.uk server for some races. This is to be confirmed as our (jolts) server policy has yet to be confirmed pending the release of MTA:SA.

Thats it for now. Any questions or offers of assistance then don't hesitate to post :)