Shotgun Jumping

Thunder

Shotgun Jumping: n00bish or not?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Shotgun Jumping: n00bish or not?

• n00bish
    • not n00bish

Don't you hate it when you are fighting someone, then they pull out a shotgun? They shoot you, then jump over to you (in SSV it's alot easier because of the increased jump) then shoot you while you're in the ground. Most likely it's an instant kill and it always happens to me. It's impossible to escape.

I expected the people on the forum to be friendly.

Welcome to the internet.

Anyways, the shotgun in GTA3 is anything but overpowered. Against the other choice weapons (Not the pistol) it's quite damned balanced. People use it more often probably because they're used to from playing the VC MTA. Here's a tip- with that added jump you can even dodge a shutgun while being on the ground, so quit whining about instakill. Instead of saying how lame it is, learn how to use it, as well as other weapons.

figures that this would be thunder. admitted "sometimes" cheater, and constant whiner about shotguns. Rather than ask for help to learn how to play, he always chose to complain and insult those who used it. No one agreed with him ingame, so he's looking here in the forum.

Hang in there, im sure someone will show up who agrees with you.

sounds to me like the person who started this thread is new to the game and hasn't learned how to fight in it properly yet.

i think there's a word for people like that......moob.....nood.....neeb......ah well, it'll come to me.

Lol Slothman :lol:

figures that this would be thunder. admitted "sometimes" cheater, and constant whiner about shotguns. Rather than ask for help to learn how to play, he always chose to complain and insult those who used it. No one agreed with him ingame, so he's looking here in the forum.

Hang in there, im sure someone will show up who agrees with you.

Yeh.. Why should you whine about a weapon if they kill you with it. Firstly learn to play with it yourself :roll: << @ thatperson

You seem like some guy named Edge, constant whiner/car-killer, long ago. I voted no. It takes skill to operate the shotgun, I learnt to jump with it in around 2 weeks. The timing of the jumping while holding isn't like VC (formerly :| ) and if youdon't time it right, you won't jump and become a target to other players while you reload. Escaping is easy, VERY, unless you are fighting with a super 1337 player with an accurate quartz clock by his side that shoots you a millisecond after the game tries to make you get up, just jump while you are getting up. (Haven't player it in ages, couldn't really remember)

Get the flamer or pull out your own shotty and show them how its done... maybe even do a little long range ak'ing and if all that fails hit them with a car.

Yeah, thats what I reccomend (except the car-killing part), because some servers might temporary ban you for that, and I personally hate it lol.

Get the flamer or pull out your own shotty and show them how its done... maybe even do a little long range ak'ing and if all that fails hit them with a car.

Yeah, thats what I reccomend (except the car-killing part), because some servers might temporary ban you for that, and I personally hate it lol.

Carkilling is originally GTA. But it's noobish to me :\ Your just powerless against it when you've fallen down or in a fight and you get hit from the back by a car overriding you...

/me Points to his post above :big5:

/me realizes his his post was in another thread :oops:

*copy n paste*

Lemee put it this way, to all the people that bitch whine piss and moan about stubbys and car killing...

This game is about Grand Theft Auto.

This game is about killing the other players.

This game has incorporated such things as shot tires, tree's that move when heli blades blow wind near them, and boats that get tossed in the water, to add a more realistic feel to the game.

IF I RUN YOU OVER IN A CAR IN REAL LIFE, DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK IT WILL BE ANY DIFFERENT THAN IT IS IN MTA?

IF I SHOOT YOU WITHIN A CLOSE RANGE WITH A STUBBY IN REAL LIFE, IT CAN AND WILL KNOCK YOU DOWN!

The only difference is in real life I'd just put another shot in you on the ground, you'd have NO chance to get up.

I say that in MTA, you're getting more of an advantage than is actually realistic! :shock:

Don't you hate it when you are fighting someone, then they pull out a shotgun? They shoot you, then jump over to you (in SSV it's alot easier because of the increased jump) then shoot you while you're in the ground. Most likely it's an instant kill and it always happens to me. It's impossible to escape.

You just haven't got much skill.

IF I RUN YOU OVER IN A CAR IN REAL LIFE, DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK IT WILL BE ANY DIFFERENT THAN IT IS IN MTA?

If you try to run me over in real life, I would probably get out an AK-47 and shoot through the window pane. Can you do that in GTA3? No. And for your question, yes, I can kill the person while he is driving the car, and I cannot do that while in GTA3.

If you try to run me over in real life, I would probably get out an AK-47 and shoot through the window pane. Can you do that in GTA3? No. And for your question, yes, I can kill the person while he is driving the car, and I cannot do that while in GTA3.

Can you magically pull an AK-47 out of nowhere in real life? No

Can you magically pull an AK-47 out of nowhere in real life? No

Okay, I was exaggerating. Make it pistol. People carry them around to protect themselves.

These threads have to stop...

Shotgun jumping isn't lame you newbie. If you know how to use the Colt45, you can just dispatch pretty much all people using any kind of weapon. I'd say the only thing lame is carkilling to compensate for the lack of skills with everything else (and even then not being a skilled carkiller, as so many noobs I've seen :lol: ) and shooting with the flamethrower through walls, that's also very lame. Just try to work with the lag and mta's syncronization methods, it's not that hard to predict your oponent after constantly practicing with the same weapon for a while, unless it's a lagger.

Whoa! Calm down fellas!

This guy is new and doesnt know that

jumping is a common part of gunfights in

MTA and he just wanted a answer.

VOTED:not n00bish

alot of jumping occurs

in a MTA gunfight,

becuase it is great technique that works!

and its not n00bish becuase even the experts do it.

theres your answer

so every one can calm down now...