The Sherman Dam War

xGj

:idea: Ok my gamemode suggestion for the future with the BLUE SDK, MTA:SA.:idea:

The Sherman Dam war

You'll have 2 teams to choose of if you join the server you will be thrown into a spawn screen above the sherman dam, which shows the current fight there.

The first team: The defenders of the dam

Defenders

The Sherman Dam defenders will have 6 characters to choose of.

Soldier

The soldier will have 4 weapons : m4, a pistol, grenades, and a knife.

Note:At the dam there will be weapon pickups, but only for the character you've choosen to spawn. You will not be able to pickup the weapons of the other characters. This would be unfair.

Heavy gunner

The heavy gunner will have only 2 weapons: The pistol and the samurai sword, But he will have the ability to control the stationary miniguns placed at three places on the dam.

Cop

The cop will have 3 weapons: A shotgun, a pistol, and a nightstick.

He will be quite good for close range combat when the attackers have reached the sherman dam.

Technician

The technician will only have an Uzi and a knife, but he will have the ability to use one of the 4 jetpacks placed at the dam, and he will be able to make himself invisible for 30 seconds. After the 30 seconds he will have to wait 1 minute till the power will be restored.

RPG

The RPG has some extreme heavy weapons: The bazooka, the grenades, and a simple knife. The RPG is meant to keep the attackers on a distance.

Sniper

The sniper has 2 weapons: A sniper rifle and a desert eagle.

He's supposed to snipe down the attackers and give backup to his team from somewhere in the rocks around the shermand dam.

The second team:The attackers

Attackers

The attackers will also have 6 characters to choose of:

Assasin

The assasin will have 3 weapons: An uzi, a knife and a rope to climb up the dam.

Boatdriver

The boatdriver will have a small amount of weapons : An mp5 and a pistol

and will ofcourse have the ability to drive boats, as he has maximized skill.

Note:All vehicles placed around the sherman dam can only be entered by the characters with the ability to drive them

Capturer

The capturer must be protected by the attackers, as it is the only way to win the round. The capturer has only 1 weapon, an ak 47.

He needs to capture the key or object ( this can be defined by the server admin ) thats placed at the other side of the dam. More on the gameplay point later in the topic.

Terrorist

The terrorist has 4 weapons: An ak 47, an mp5, a pistol, and a knife.

He'll have the ability to climb up the rocks around the Sherman Dam and tries to kill the other team from there. ( He should watch out carefully that he doesn't meet a sniper in the rock stationaries :P )

RPG

The RPG has a heatseeking rocket launcher and a pistol, and he needs to stay at the boats to fire at the dam and give his team backup.

Sniper

The same as the sniper in the defending team, but he needs to stay in the boats as he has only a desert eagle for close combat so he shouldn't try to get up the dam.

The gameplay

The objective of the attacking team is to get at the other side of the sherman dam and get the ( earlier mentioned ) objective.

They need to return it to their base in safety and without the capturer being killed.

The attackers spawn at their own base not so far away from the dam ( let's say about 1 mile ) Their base could be created with the map editor.

They have boats who spawn unlimited at their base.

Each person of a team can die once and respawn at their base, if they die for the 2nd time they will be forced into spectate mode and need to wait for the next round.

The rounds will be 3 mins, if the attackers killed all defenders, or if the defenders killed all attackers, the team who killed the other team will have won the round.

When the attackers captured the objective and returned it to their base safely or they killed all the defenders, the sherman dam will explode. The team will gain one point.

If the defenders killed all attackers they will have won the round and gain a point.

The teams will switch every 3 rounds.

The attackers will have boats only as vehicles.

Hope you all like my idea, please post comments about what should be changed or improved.

I'll try to realize this myself when Blue's SDK comes out.

Keep up the good work team :wink:

-edit-

The attackers will have to cross the dam by using the ropes of the assasins. If an assasin dies, the rope will be available for the other team members as a pickup. If all assasins have died the ropes will be available as weapon pickups at the attackers base :wink:

Edited by Guest

The overall idea seems fun to play with, i had kinda like the same idea as you which i mentioned on the gta forums quite a while ago. The idea which you said and objectives seem well written on what you have to do on the game, i would like the see a few laughs and some good action. :wink: