Slightly modded

Would MTA allow to use slightly modded weapons in your own gamemode mod. Becouse I was thinking about a kinda splinter cell stolen gamemode. Yes the multiplayer mode merc vs spy. When the mercs with slightly modified SMG's (only a search light added on top, when in aiming mode) versus the spies with night vision, a silenced pistol with a few bullets, not much and a knife. And various playgrounds, like madd dogs place or some other shadow place.

So the only thing I wanted to know is if MTA would allow the SMG with searchlight.

i suppose the MTA Team will allow people to edit the Deathmatch Mode as the first few things that will be done will be people playing around with the first thing before making their own.. Lets say Testing all the Different things that are able to be done 8)

i know that will be the first thing i will try (if i do) or the Team should atleast Release a Really Basic Mod That will be allowed to be Modded if the choose to not Allow Modifications Deathmatch Although with the Release of MTA:mA's Manhunt So many people just edited that at first and All they virtually did was just change the Name of different parts make things react In Different ways. So if the MTA Team arnt bothered about that i dont see why they wont let us edit the deathmatch mode :D8)

yeah everyone has to have the searchlight smg. will it be possible to have tiny plugins that get installed clientside if the client connects? with as example jedi academy, will give you the clientside of the mod if you connect. guns aren't that big files...

Oh hang on, do you mean you connect from the default client to one of your mod's servers and the mod is downloaded automatically? If so, this won't be possible as far as I'm aware because they said that you won't be able to see servers for mods unless you have the specific mod installed.

No, you have to go download the mod which is running on that server (the one everyone will be forced to use on that server). You'll have to go and manually download them from their site, it won't be automatic - many of them will be huge changes, like a whole new map and different vehicles, and with loads of people constantly downloading them from the server, it would screw up everyone elses game. :P

We aren't intending any support for downloading of mods from the server, generally because it'd provide a bad user experience because it'd lag the server for other players, be slower than a dedicated HTTP server and potentially open the user to viruses - somthing we don't really want to have to deal with. The current model we're developing doesn't allow for server only mods, to be honest I'm not sure why you'd want to do that as the game can't run client side without a mod. Obviously mod authors can add whatever customization they want to their mods which could simulate server side mods. We expect that most mods will stay with the SA map as creating new maps is a very time consuming thing to do, and SA has many areas that could be used for all sorts of mods. If someone was deseperate they could write a mod that could download mods, though quite why they'd really want to, I don't know.

yeah everyone has to have the searchlight smg. will it be possible to have tiny plugins that get installed clientside if the client connects? with as example jedi academy, will give you the clientside of the mod if you connect. guns aren't that big files...

You wanted to make a kindda splinter cell game mode right? If you want to make that mode, the characters should be skinned and map changes would be needed ( for a nice mode, i mean, playing a splinter cell mode with SA characters ? :o:P ), not only the weapons should be downloaded then...