Multiclan servers

just a thought, i know vc cant handle more than 32 players max on the current core, what about in blue? i mean if we could get servers for 64players, ppl could run multiclan servers in which a each clan could have there own space on the map like vces stick to cherries area :)

Edited by Guest
It's possible to have 64 players in any MTA version, but the disadvantage of that is it would take up too much bandwidth, and probably lag like hell
Perhaps you should further study Vice's engine before spreading false information, cause I dunno who's ass you pulled that one out of. Edited by Guest
  • 3 months later...
It's possible to have 64 players in any MTA version, but the disadvantage of that is it would take up too much bandwidth, and probably lag like hell
Perhaps you should further study Vice's engine before spreading false information, cause I dunno who's ass you pulled that one out of.

it was my understanding the mta server will sends the info to everyone about everyones location and what there doing, when someone joins they also have to be sent this information, and everyone already there gets the new guys information aswell. as more people join that kinda takes more bandwidth very quickly... you dont see 64 player servers in cs do you?

maybe im wrong?

Edited by Guest

As with any game, bandwidth for the server grows exponentially while the growth of bandwidth for clients is linear. This makes 64 player servers not very practical, unless you using instancing like an MMORPG, or are rich enough to own some good servers (or clusters).

I don't know how if this is already implemented, but if not, take this as a suggestion:

A lot of bandwidth can be saved from the server (and clients) by letting the server limit the synchronization (like not sending so many position update packets as usual, and avoid syncing the less important animations like crouching in blue) between players longer than X distance from eachother. Two players on each side of the map does not need a perfect sync, just a position approximation and obviously packets for updating environmental changes. This would allow for more players, and a more smooth gameplay if not already implemented, and thus more players (even though it will have no effect if all of them are located in the same place). Ofcourse the last statement assumes VC can handle more models.

• 3 months later...

Incorrect, due primarily to scm size limits and the methods we used in the past it is NOT possible to have 64 players. (In all previously released versions)

As for the original question, yes it would be possible to have servers of that size with an MTA built upon Blue. Wether initial release versions or even later versions will ship with support for that number of players (or more) remains to be seen. Things such as bandwidth, game design, miminum specs needed to run highly populated servers (and clients) would all need to be thoroughly investigated first.

Imho amount of bandwith used is not a very good reason to keep it at 26 players.. There are people for whom bandwith is not really an issue. I'd say give warnings, but let people decide for themselves. If this is/will become technically possible on a scm/etc. level of course.

Bandwidth usage has nothing whatsoever to do with the latter old core releases only supporting 26 players. It's when considering future (Blue based MTA) maximum player numbers that bandwidth requirements become one of a list of factors to consider.