Modified Client error

Everytime I click to start to join my server i get the 'modified client error'. How is that possible when its done on a clean install of MTA :?: ?

Ive done checked the solutions post and didnt find anything with this particular error. If anyone has a solution i would sure love to hear it....

nope i dont use mods, the only thing is that I have a no-cd exe but thats because I have my game loaned out to a friend but even then it always worked in the past. I have reinstalled at least 4 times and the last time was in a completely different spot. And yes I have tried switching between the 2 versions. And another funny thing is that on my dell the game loads up to when I click on start multi theft auto, after the loading bar gets done and when the game starts to load it crashes.

EDIT: btw I have 2 servers up, one running for vice city and the other running for GTA 3... both have my username here at the begining of the servers name.

I've posted a similar topic and no-one has come up with a viable soloution other than to reinstall VC and MTA 0.5.

Whats the problem, can we get someone from the development team to put this error to rest finally?! :x

Im sure 0.5 is amazing but i cant get on it!!

I found out the problem so i'l post it here:

If you have any mods like the one that takes the water away then replace all the files u have changed with the originals, it worked for me.

ive tried a fresh install of all the data in the data folder but it didnt work.....

EDIT: Just did a fresh install of everything and it does the same thing it does on my other pc ive tried this on, the game crashes right when it starts to load into the game after clicking 'Start MultiTheft Auto'.

EDIT #2: got everything working now, thanks everyone :D

I had the 'Modified Client' error too. I just did a fresh install of both VC and the client and it worked. But now when the game launches and I'm in the game menu, after clicking "Start MultiTheftAuto" the game quits without any error messages. No clue how to fix this.

Gemini, it seems you had the same problem. Care to post what you did to fix this? Would be greatly appreciated.