MTA Favourites

chaozz

I want to make a tool in which one can store their favourite servers (ips and ports), and add comments to that entry. It will allow a person to browse through them and choose one.

But, I need to know if MTA accepts parameters at startup, and if so, what's their format?

I tried "MTAclient.exe 1.0.0.127:2003", but that doesn't work.

nope.. thats not it.

i tried (and failed) :

MTAclient.exe +connect 127.0.0.1 +name chaozz

MTAclient.exe +connect:127.0.0.1 +name:chaozz

MTAclient.exe /connect 127.0.0.1 /name chaozz

MTAclient.exe /connect:127.0.0.1 /name:chaozz

does anyone know the correct parameter format for MTAclient?

i noticed that as soon as i give *ANY* parameter to MTAclient.exe it will startup and start connecting to the last server you selected. Where-O-Where does MTA store these IP addresses???

although the client gives a CRC check error, and i have NO ideo why? but the settings from the command line are loaded anyway.

You need to change the folder. The command is ChDir in VB (and ChDrive) - I'm not sure which language you're using though.

Well... a third party program.. but allready approved by the MTA team, and still working. And all it (should) do is creating 1 registry value.. I don't see the point of creating a whole new program for this. It's a waste of valuable time. I can think of some other things that are much more needed

But why don't you just create a directory containing mta:// links? You can name and comment on them in the filename, and if you click them, you'll connect to the server. Why create a program for it??

because your way doesn't allow me to add additional comments for each server. like who cheats there, who the admins are, if it's a good server, what your ping usually is, etc, etc. Also, an IP address by itself doesn't tell me anything. In my program you can call the servers whatever you like

Wait.. I have a screenshot of the beta here:

MTAservers01.jpg

PS: does anyone know how to pass the password in the parameters? +password and +pass do not work.